Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney Likely To Play League Cup Game Against Newcastle United

Posted by faric lisbriyansyah on Friday, September 7, 2012

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is hoping to make a quick return to League Football. The England International is expecting to make a comeback by the end of this month.
Rooney was earlier sidelined for a month after he picked up an injury against United's 3-2 victory over Fulham at Old Trafford. The England International suffered a nasty-looking gash on his thigh from Hugo Rodallega's challenge. However the later reports suggested that Rooney could miss two months of football.
The 26-year-old is positive about his recovery and is looking to make a quick return but cautious of rushing back before time.

Speaking to Manchester Evening News, Rooney said "The injury is going well; It could have been a lot worse than what it was. It is up to the doctor. When he declares me fit I will be ready"
"It feels good at the minute. The timescale put on it was four weeks. If that is the time they feel I need for the wound to heal properly then that is what I will do"
"What I don't want to happen is to come back too early when it is not quite healed and it opens up again first game. That would just set me back again another four weeks. Overall, I think at the most I will miss four games."
The England International was not really worried about Rodallega's challenge as it did not hurt while he was on the pitch as the player did not want to be carried off the pitch on a stretcher as it could have upset his son, who was in the crowd.
"It didn't hurt me at all. I got up ready to play on. I was holding my leg up to the referee to say I needed a physio or doctor on. I just didn't want to go off on the stretcher"
Rooney then went on to add "I said to the doctor I can walk off. But he told me it was too dangerous, so he told me to get on it. My lad was in the crowd and I didn't really want him seeing me carried off on a stretcher"
If all goes well then Rooney could return for the League Cup tie against Newcastle United or a week later for Premier League fixture against Tottenham Hotspurs.

sumber: http://www.ibtimes.com

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...